Scale Out Storage and Cloud Computing
Cloud storage is digital data stored in a logical data pool. The physical storage area of cloud storage location spans multiple servers and sometimes in different locations. These cloud storage providers are responsible for keeping the data available and accessible while the physical environment is protected. Cloud storage requires zero downtime to support organizations that buy or lease storage capacity from providers to store important information such as user, organization, or application data.
With the popularity of high-definition video as well as the rapid growth of the number of files, storage systems require applications to seamlessly support this growth. Real-time playbacks of video sites require a strong, real-time, continuous and stable transmission of picture quality. As video clarity continues to improve it is vital that the transmission of video is uninterrupted and non-degraded, resulting in the need to access different video files at different times putting additional strain the architecture.
- A simple management software for unified storage systems is needed to manage the growth of data and reduce overall operational costs
- Standard NAS storage solutions cannot support high pressure access which can lead to frequent system crashes
- Standard NAS solutions for data processing and data protection are limited to a single device that does not support high aggregate data read and write performance therefore unable to meet demand
- To manage complex data, application servers are needed to mount multiple volumes to achieve high-capacity storage needs.
Scala Storage Solutions
The Scala Storage scale-out solution provides a scale out platform to grow your cloud based storage. Not only does it allow you to grow dynamically, it also provides you enough bandwidth to support multiple concurrent access of small, or big data. A single management interface and advanced data protection feature allows you to lower your TCO and increase productivity.
- Unique load balancing mechanism takes full advantage of the performance of each system disk.
- Flexible clustered storage architecture with fault recovery and automatic fail over capabilities protect applications without affecting the number of nodes, bandwidth, data migration and storage capacity.
- Secure data protection mechanism ensures data security while improving efficiency of recovery which greatly reduces the risk of duplicate hardware damage.
- Built in dual caching mechanisms effectively block out hot data problems common in video on demand, reducing overall system access strain.
- Metadata clustering architecture effectively supports 220 million users which frequently access and retrieve files increasing access efficiency.
- Simple and convenient management system enables a single point of unified storage system management.